This is the era of digital marketing. With the widespread use of information technology, a lot of other things also changed significantly. Marketing is one of them. Digital marketing made it easier for the business organization to reach their target customers. But, most of the business organizations follow the same strategies again and again for their digital marketing campaign, where the digital marketing ingredients, social trends etc. are changing every day even every moment. So, operating digital marketing campaign without updating strategies are simply a waste of money, time and effort. A piece of good news regarding new digital marketing trends is that you can change actions easily, within a few moments. Here, we have identified and described 5 ways for you to update your digital marketing strategies. These are the followings:
1. Audit your social media profile: No matter who you are, in this era of social media, you must have couples of social media accounts. If you are a digital marketer, having a social media presence is more critical for you. Things are changed within a few moments nowadays. To cope up with the change, you must audit your social media account regularly; thus, you will find the trending things that you must add to your digital marketing campaign and will be able to identify which contents are no more useful for your campaign. If you think that your social media followers are growing day by day, focus on that account. Identify what kind of contents your followers are appreciating; analyze their activities deeply. You may have some content a bit older, but you can add some trending things with that and share on your social media account, you will quickly understand how people accept your contents. This will undoubtedly help you to update your digital marketing campaign.
2. Re-upload old contents: Marketing is a continuous process. A business organization has to take part in marketing from the very beginning to the business’s last day. So, there are always a lot of contents stored that are outdated now. Since things are changing day by day, digital marketing contents are also day by day. A content that is much updated today will become a backdated one tomorrow. So, what will you do? Forget the old contents? Or throw them away? Nothing of them. You have to utilize those old contents again. You can do a lot of things to recycle and reuse your old contents. All you need is to find the old contents that are relatable with the current time trending facts; you can edit that content with the trending information. Besides, you can make changes in design and format. A blog post can be turned into an infographic. These will undoubtedly help you to update your digital marketing strategies easily.
3. Review and Update your SEO keywords: Search Engine Optimization is one of the most important digital marketing tools. Paid search, advertisement etc. are important parts of digital marketing. To reach your advertising to your desired customers, you have to track the right customers properly. Keywords help you to do that. Keywords are the words people use to search for their desired contents, products etc. as a marketer, you have to analyze those keywords and find the right one for related to your products. So that you can use that in your contents to reach to your targeted people easily. Every digital marketer does keyword research and SEO as a part of their marketing campaign. Just like all other things in this digital world, keywords are also not permanent; these are also changed every day since peoples’ way of thinking, considerations, and demands etc. change. change every day. So, if you think that the keywords you once choose for your marketing campaign are still worthy, then you should think again. And if you have recently changed your products and locations, updating your keywords is a must. Otherwise, your campaign will bring no expected outcome. So, you have to review and update your keywords to reach your potential customers.
4. Facebook Live Stream: live streaming is a new addition to most of the social media platforms. This can be a big opportunity for you to update your digital marketing strategy. Before live streaming, you could share promotional videos on different social media, now you can do a live campaign. Research shows that people pay 3 times more times watching live events than that of prerecorded video. Before going live, you can set the environment through various posts. But it’s not necessary to arrange expensive materials, locations for your live stream. These will just waste your money. Rather, pay attention to your contents, it will increase the number of engagements. Live streaming will help you to catch a different customer base and as a new addition to the social platforms, you should add this to your digital marketing campaign to stay updated.
5. Use Analytics Efficiently: Most of the digital marketer’s use google analytics and other relevant software for data analysis. But many of them can’t do the best use of this software. They just use this software to see how many traffic their site got, how much time they are spending on the site etc., but this software is something more than that. You can use google analytics to prepare more specific reports based on your data. You can identify the contents that are performing well, which type of contents are bringing more traffic and how long they are staying on your site etc. this info is necessary to update your digital marketing campaign. So, make the best use of your analytics.
Digital marketing is a good weapon for your business to boost your sales and revenue. But if this important weapon of your business is backdated, you have to suffer in the market. So, you can follow the discussed ways to update your digital marketing strategies.
is a Digital Marketing Consultant who specializes in SEO, paid ads, content marketing & growth hacking. He is the founder of , a complete directory platform for local businesses that helps them in online presence, marketing and complete website creation. He has consulted various brands and business owners in multiple countries to guide them towards actionable result-oriented digital marketing strategies.